Monday, November 1, 2010

The Twelve Days

I'll not labour the point but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I didn't feel responsible for the Days in previous years that I have failed to deliver on. Therefore I've had a re-think about how we are going to deliver the content this year.

The 'prime deliverable' for this event is to make sure that I have something available for every day and just looking at my on contributions, the best way to do this would be to combine the various reviews and listings that I have done into twelve instalments, a dozen fanzines, spread over the course of the twelve days.

The eight presents I did last year come to 75 pages of text which, divided by twelve, equals a half-dozen pages a day without graphics. Add to this a two page short story, one page of commentary by a guest writer, cover art and you are looking at a reasonable fanzine available for every day without much extra work than was done last year. Twelve fanzines released over twenty four days seems a big undertaking but in fact, as long as I use the same formatting, it should be doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment